Thirty Years Of Bliss
THE BIG THREE-OH!
On Sept 4th 2017 I hit such a huge milestone in my life that I’m viewing as the beginning of something new; I turned thirty.
Yup thats right, Three decades full of life, love, living, mistakes, failing, falling, joy, brokenness, immaturity, lots of risks, happiness, unworthiness, heavy partying, and lots of lessons. I can go on and on about the many things I've been through in the past 10,950 days (Thats how long I’ve been living, sheesh! Lol) And honestly, I wouldn’t have it no other way. All those good and bad things that I have experienced have shaped me to who I am today and have inspired me to become an even better woman. if you read my last post, you’ll know how turning thirty was freaking me out. I was losing it! (Go read about it here) I guessed I over reacted because it really isn’t as bad as I thought it was. Ive been 30 for 14 days now and its the most exhilarating thing ever. I feel more adult-ish in some weird way and I'm still struggling and working with the bad habits when I was 29 (hugs)
In honor of my birthday I decided to share the top 30 lessons I’ve learned in the last thirty years. And believe it or not, I actually had to narrow it down because of the amount of lessons Ive learned.
- Just because you feel it or think it doesn’t make it true
- Trust your woman intuition, it never lies
- Not all men are the same & not all stay the same either
- Not everyone is going to like you no matter how hard you try to please them
- Social media does not validate your relationship
- Comparison is the first step to hate/jealousy
- Actions are way louder than words. Trust me
- Credit score DOES matter
- Saving money isn't for just you. You'll have mouths to feed one day
- The more you put away communicating effectively, the more incompetent you become
- Just because they laugh with you, doesn’t make them for you
- YOUR SINGLE FRIENDS KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MAKING A RELATIONSHIP LAST
- You’ll always need a mentor, despite how old you are.
- Therapy isn’t for crazy people only. Seek help if needed.
- Thugs are temporary, they don’t marry
- The Older you get, the more active you need to be
- You don't have to win every argument. Choose your battles wisely
- Sex does not equal love.
- Its ok to cry, its ok to be sad, don't let anyone convince you otherwise
- No matter how far you run, God will never turn you away when you try to come back
- Watching church online is not the same as attending
- You get in what you put out. PERIOD.
- You can only control yourself, stop trying to change people.
- Forgiveness will set you free, peace is worth it.
- People will talk about you. Whatever you do, DO NOT RESPOND!
- A man can sleep with you and still not want you
- You can still be soft while being strong
- When you remain angry, you have no room in your mind to find fault in yourself
- Lose those friends that always take your side
- Assumptions never end good.
I learned a lot more of course but these were definitely top of the list. I'm so excited about the journey ahead of me and though it may have started off a little rough (another story for another post) I know for a fact with God on my side I'm destined for greatness. The Best Is Yet To Come For Me! You just watch and see :)